Author Topic: Strange American News  (Read 2269 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Strange American News
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »
 :)

Lasha

• View Profile
Re: Strange American News
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »
So, the US...along with Syria and Nicaragua, have opted out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Wow....another colossal 'mistake' from Donald Trump.

Or is it?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One thing I immediately noticed in all this mess is that the first possible date for the US to legally opt out of this agreement falls on November 4, 2020...exactly one day after the next US Presidential election.

Odd, that.

Trump knows exactly what he is doing and it has nothing what-so-ever to do with putting America first. Far far from it. He must know that he is most probably going to be voted out of office in the next election, if he even makes it that far. And he must also know that his immediately successor can and will most probably reverse this decision on day-one of his or her presidency. It's just inevitable.

So what is Trump really up to? I suspect he is attempting to troll the US and dramatically de-stabilize it's governance. For what reasons? I have no idea.

Perhaps he is unaware of what he is doing or, indeed, even why he is doing it? Perhaps he is an agent for another government? Perhaps he is simply a devious psychopath hell-bent on destruction. At this point, nothing is clear. At this point, anything is possible.

But no matter how you look at it, you cannot deny that all of Trump's actions, reactions and decisions -- every last one of them -- have caused some level of legal, social, moral or economic outrage.

Since Trump's inauguration there have been huge street demonstrations, contentious legal campaigns, congressional investigations, rampant outbursts of racism, shocking public disclosures from spy agencies and bizarre arguments from respected parliamentarians. And now the leaders of many cities, counties and states across the US are vowing to defy their own federal government, follow the Paris Climate Accord and defiantly walk their own path.

So, what is this all about? What is really going on here?

No one knows for sure. But it's certainly starting to look an awful lot like the last strained, embattled and chaotic moments before a civil war or, at the very least, the complete economic and social breakdown of a once-great nation.

Pitiful, truly pitiful.

In the not to distant future, I have become sadly convinced, the world will look back on this moment as the point of no return.

America will not recover from this.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:19:17 PM by Lasha »

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
Note to self: If you ever want to get rid of an American...throw some loose change down a well.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:47:41 PM by Lasha »

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:34:58 PM »

Okay…here’s the deal.

I don’t understand you Americans. And I am having real trouble finding any good ‘only in the US’ type news stories. Go figure.

I keep looking for warm news stories, human news stories….something basic but uplifting, something that shows the true American character, the true American spirit…but, oh dear, I can’t find any. Nada. Not a-one. Zip. Not even close. All I can hear is the sound of an empty tent flapping in the wind.

Sad, really.

Oh there are plenty of political stories.

No sir, no shortage of them… Trump this, Trump that, poor people suck, rich people don’t, burgers, burgers, burgers, the world hates us, guns, cold dead hands, gimme guns, fries with that?, no health care for you, cars, really big cars, more guns, money, money, money, send us your damn money and then shut-up about it ’cuz…you ain’t American’. Did I mention burgers?

I suppose I could rattle on about the strangeness of American politics right now, or about the perils of systemic greed, or about a culture lost to selfishness, or about blatant arrogance or perhaps even about America’s quick and shocking decline into militarized oligarchy. But, you see, everyone is doing that at the moment and, well…the whole thing has become really quite boring. Odd, that.

America needs a better reality show.

So, I leave it to you…gentle American reader…to post some real slack-jawed, red-blooded, corn-fed, blue-jean clad, heart-warming American stories. You know….the real stuff, the good stuff, the stuff we all truly miss.

And I leave it to you, gentle American reader, to vent mercilessly, to school the world on your woes and to defend hearth and home.

This is your space. Fire at will.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
Alarm clock stuck inside living room wall goes off every single day for 13 years

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »

Oh dear. Let's book a room for George Noory, shall we? *evil grin*