Author Topic: New Show Schedule  (Read 8079 times)

Lasha

• View Profile
Re: New Show Schedule
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »
Hey folks....just so you know....Midnight in the Desert is going to be quite the show tonight. Heather is having Jimmy Petonito on the show; a witness to many, many exorcisms. Late last night I heard some of the recordings for tonight's show and...let me tell you... they are NOT for the feint of heart. Wow. Unbelievably frightening.

Listen at your own peril, my friends but don't miss this show.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »

I tell ya, nowadays you've gotta be careful who you call a friend, eh? Too funny.

Be afraid, be very afraid. These types are everywhere.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
Oh dear....have I been invited back to The Tea Party? Oh no!

Shall I return? I think not...but then again, if you substitute 'White Crow' for 'White Knight' it all begins to make sense. Sort of. A little, maybe. If you turn your head just so, and cough...it perhaps could be okay.

Nah! Why risk it? I'm safe where I am. And very happy.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
A quick update...

Okay, I am about half way through the Radiation Treatments and I have to say....wow...the treatments are really beginning to take their toll. I get so tired....so very tired...and the radiation turns everything in your stomach and intestines into water. Not fun. Especially in public or on a busy street. Definitely not fun.

But I endure. Tis in my nature, I suppose. I will be so glad when this is over and my hair finally grows back. Right now, it is about 1/4 inch long or so. Still not sure if it is going to be blond or not though...it seems quite dark coloured. *sigh*

Oh and the Free Masons have been just like a God-send. They have a volunteer service that drives cancer patients to the hospital ever day for their treatments. Really, I don't know what I would have done without them...couldn't afford to take a taxi, of course, and the bus...don't even think it. You just can't stand on a bus when you are week and dizzy and such. Not going to happen.

So...I now love the Free Masons and promise to never again accuse them of trying to take over the world. Such nice people too. My grandfather was a 33rd degree Scottish Rite Free Mason....so I guess I had better begin to think far more highly of them. But really....I don't know what I would have done without them through this whole cancer thing. Best folks ever.

And....*sigh*....I really did quit smoking for a while there. During the chemo, smoking would actually make me physically ill... so I did stop for a few months. Unfortunately, I have started up again...but certainly not as much. But I do continue to struggle with the smoking habit. It's a very difficult thing to quit, smoking. But, I suppose, there are far more worse things to be in life than a smoker.

Don't start smoking, kids. Just don't. It ain't worth it.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2016, 10:37:56 PM »
Update time!

OMG....Prince William and Duchess Kate were only four blocks from my house today! They, along with Prince George and Princess Charlotte, are visiting Vancouver. Today they went to the Kitsilano Coast Guard Search and Rescue Station that is only just down the street from me. Wow....you should have seen the crowds. And Will and Kate looked so marvelous, it was very exciting. They love Canada and William especially likes Vancouver.

Me? I totally love the royals. Always have, always will. I've seen several of them before in person during a walkabout or a drive by here in Vancouver...Prince Charles, Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth and now William and Kate. Couldn't be more thrilled. I just love the royal family.

And...on another note...tomorrow is MY LAST radiation treatment!!!

I am so excited to be done with the treatments. Although the Radiologist says that the effects of the radiation and the symptoms I have been experiencing will continue to get more intense over the next 10 days to two weeks and then begin tapering off. Not to worry, I told him....I am just thankful for their expertise and that I have made it through the treatment.

Next, a final check up about six weeks from now and then testing every few months to make sure I remain cancer-free.

I am so looking forward to getting my life back. Not to mention my hair. lol

*big calm smile*

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »
Well now....I haven't updated in a bit, and let me tell you why.

OMG....the effects of the Radiations Treatments have been intense and horrendous and full-on exhausting.

You know, those doctors...god bless every last one of them for their skills and compassionate hearts...but, oh my, they don't tend to tell you what's coming. And I think for good reason. It would scare the tar out of you. Probably just best to experience as you go along, I would think. But wow. It's been intense and will be for a few more weeks, apparently, maybe months.

Also, I need to chime in on this whole Donald Trump 'situation'.

What I don't think most American's realize is that what they are potentially watching is a corporate take over of their government. It's very obvious to those living outside the US, in the real world. Every Fascist dictator through out history has always rallied a certain segment of people (the least educated, the better) into great anger, taken over a political party and set themselves up as the only saving factor. Donald Trump is doing exactly that: attempting to rebrand American as a Trump Corporation. If he were to win, and I really am sure he won't, he would immediately begin using the executive branch of the govt to run his corporation, the legislative branch to create laws that ensure the easy implementation of his financial corruption and the judicial branch to enforce the law.

I really belief he will attempt to partner with Putin in a war in the middle east as well create several corporation organizations to be used to invest heavily in Russia. He will change America forever, and it won't be pretty. Even the 'disloyalty' of the Republican party to him fits into that corporate rebranding...every fascist dictator always first imprisons or kills their political opponent and then begins 'clearing the deadwood' out of the political party he stole. Trump can already clearly see who he needs to destroy.

Do Americans not see this? The rest of the world see this. I hope America can make it through this dark time. This is an extremely important election.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »

Here ya go....a little useful context. Don't you just love the Ceeb? I love the Ceeb.

http://watch.cbc.ca/the-passionate-eye/season-2016/episode-4/38e815a-00b076b69bf

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »
Here ya go folks...a quick update and a few political notes.

I saw my Radiologist a few days ago and he gave me a clean bill of health! I am cancer free!!!! And we hope to keep it that way. The next step is check ups and blood tests every three to six months to make sure I am healthy and then...well...it's a new life for me!

What an ordeal. I am so glad it is over. My body is still healing though and I still feel the effects of the radiation and, apparently, will for a few more months. No problem, though...I am cancer free and that is what matters.

Now then, on to a few political observations. I have received a few emails asking for my opinion and thoughts on the recent US election...so, here goes. (And be forewarned...you may not like it.)

I have never in my life been so glad to be Canadian. All that violence and craziness down there in the US is just so foreign to me, and to much of the world I would suspect, that all I can do is watch as America slowly and steadily destroys itself. So very sad. So very ugly.

What Americans don't realize, or perhaps are simply too frightened to admit, is that they have lost their country forever. Forever. They have given it away. Donald Trump will separate the government from the people and run the country like a corporation...a corporation that benefits him and no one else. America will be 'rebranded' and will soon be an openly fascist, militaristic nation state. He will use the judicial, military, economic and legislative wings of the American political structure to protect and maintain his power. The poor will get poorer, the middle class will quickly fade, the rich will become insufferable, hidden and even more vicious and a great economic plague will soon grip the land.

Donald Trump will completely isolate himself from the media and, in fact, create his own 'media' for propaganda purposes. That is precisely what 'Trump TV' has always been intended to be, in my opinion. To me, it seems so obvious and so transparent and, to tell you the truth, I am amazed that the American media and news reporters haven't even seen it yet and continue to blather on about 'who voted what way, how they missed it and why this happened'. The Americans need to get up to speed with how life really works and see that Trump played them all for fools. He fanned the flames of bigotry, hatred and sexism and rode that wave to power. As any fascist dictator does, he emotionally manipulated a country right out from under itself.

Clearly, Clinton was the only choice. She was more than qualified and in no way a 'criminal' or a 'crook'. All of these 'charges against her and her charitable foundation are lies...and everyone knows it. But, in all honesty, I don't think Americans could or will ever elect a woman. Too much bigotry down there...too much hatred. Even now, the media is still rattling on about how if Sanders or anyone else had run, they may have won. How insulting and dismissive is that? Never underestimate the stupidity and selfishness of the American people or the hatred American men have for women.

A shocking election? I don't think so. We tend to elect leaders who represent who we really are as a people...or who we want to be. And, for all intents and purposes, the US election was all about 'the little white American boy wanting his privilege back'. Donald Trump simply promised to give it to him. He, of course, lied...but that is what you have to do to get power in the US, I guess. It's certainly what the American public fell for.

This will get ugly. Very ugly.

eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »

Cancer may be different but being CANCER FREE is the same, way to go Lasha!!!

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2016, 11:49:04 AM »

Omg....that is so wonderful! Thank you Eagle...best song ever. Ever. I love that song....here is the original, by the way; although it is much better being about cancer being gone! Yeah bay-bay! I'm FREE!

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2016, 12:10:23 PM »

Oh dear. Five days after the election and these are the things Trump is asking for or has done:

1) Trump Tower in NY needs to be outfitted with as much security as the White House (all at tax payers expense, none-the-less) because that is where Trump will run his empire from.

2) Trump's airplane needs to be outfitted with as much security as Air Force One, and that will be the new presidential plane. (again, at tax payers expense).

3) Trump's children and in-laws need to be given top security clearance. (what the heck is that all about?)

4) Trump appoints a white nationalist and well-known racist as his Chief Advisor.

5) Trump refuses to address the public upsurge in hate crimes and the ongoing, nightly protests in most major cities, but expects outgoing president Obama to calm the nation down and explain that Trump is really a good guy to the international community.

6) Trump hedges on most of his campaign promises and suggests that his behavior during the election campaign was all just 'an act'....but it's all okay, because he won.

Wow. Just wow. And he isn't even in office yet.

The America that once was is now gone and, unfortunately, won't be back anytime soon. So sad.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »

Tis the season...

...or at least, the solstice.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2017, 02:55:38 AM »
Oh my gorsh...don't ya love Vancouver? I just love Vancouver.

This Christmas season a new trend started here in Vancouver. Small groups of teenagers, when happening upon a parked police car with Constables in it, would stop, hold hands and sing to the officers....get this..."Police Navidad, Police Navidad...we want to wish you merry Christmas...."

Oye only in Canada, eh?.

Had a wonderful holiday season with lots of grandkids and presents and friends dropping by. We did lasagna this year for Christmas dinner instead of a turkey. The grandkids requested it. They love lasagna. And it was so much easier to prepare. I had wanted to try what those crazy Americans do and deep fry a turkey but....apparently, it is a tad on the dangerous side and ...well....you just can't buy those kinds of deep fry pots in Canada. Oh well. Maybe next year.

New Years Eve (tonight) was quiet. Well, mostly quiet. Popped open a bottle of non-alcoholic sparking cider and we all watched the fireworks on TV and toasted in the new year. There was much giggling and kissing and such. Also, it's kind of a Canadian tradition that at midnight on New Year's Eve everyone grabs a pot lid and a big spoon and runs around the block banging the lid and making noise and yelling 'Happy New Year'. So, the neighbourhood was quite loud at midnight...as you can well imagine. We didn't go outside though...way too cold and snowy (and loud...ha!) this year.

Anyway, it was a wonderful Christmas. And I hope 2017 will be just as much fun.