Author Topic: We're Back! Live on Thursday nights at 8pm pt. Hey people...let's talk!  (Read 320 times)

Lasha

• View Profile
Blue Moon at Midnight is back on the air waves! Some technical difficulties, but heck...isn't there always? We shall, intrepidly, muddle through. Please be patient, though. I am still desperately trying to wrestle Skype into submission. Mind of it's own, this Skype thing.

Anyway, I have no idea where this show will go, what the format will end up as or, indeed, even if anyone will listen. But, I shall endure.

Comments? Questions? Observations? Leave them here, start a discussion, complain, tell jokes, exchange recipes...whatever...it's all good.

Enjoy the show!

Lasha

• View Profile

I'm still having troubles with the Skype thing, so it may be a bit strange on the next show (tomorrow night). I will have the skype running, but if someone calls in they may hear a big old nasty echo in their earphones. It may or may not fade within a few minutes of talking on air, so we shall see. Personally, I think the Russians are hacking me. *smile* This could get messy.

No guest for the next show. I will be, eventually, working on that...but for right now, I think it is best just to get the format down and work on my clock a bit more.

Anyway, there ya have it. Oh and thanks for messages. It's good to have friends, let me tell you!

:)

Lasha

• View Profile

Okay, here's the deal. Tonight, March 16, I did my regular hour long podcast starting at exactly 8pm pt.

Before the show I, as usual, tested all the equipment and the stream. All were working just fine. Approximately 3 minutes before the show however I noticed a weird flash on my computer screen and a flickering of all the icons, cursor, etc. Very strange. But nonetheless, I did the show.

It turns out that the show did not broadcast and, even more strangely, did not even record. I have no idea what happened...people just kept getting a loading error on the live stream. And, my streaming company said they did not experience any problems at that time.

I suspect I may have been hacked or somehow interfered with through my computer.

It could have been anybody, I suppose...as I have a whole gaggle of trolls from a forum I used to frequent that are out to either hurt me or silence me as best they can...or it could even have been an attack because of my political views.

I may need to return to a streaming provided that I once used in the past. They have a very high level of cyber security in place that would, I am sure, be able to remedy the situation. However, they are quite expensive and right now...because of a lot of extra prescription costs from my recent medical issues... I can not afford an expensive server.

I am really bummed about this and I hope I can get it resolved. I will keep you posted. I do have the first two episodes of Blue Moon and I will post them on the site shortly.

Cheers,
Lasha

get you some seasoned tech help

Lasha

• View Profile
get you some seasoned tech help

Thanks Mr. B...will do just that. *big smile*

Cheers,
Lasha

PS: I received this strangely encoded message. Dunno. Perhaps you can make sense of it.

Dear BG,

In lieu of a parting gift, here's one of your favourites...a nice little melodrama...for you all to most courageously ponder.

Best,
Rosie

oh...and just wondering...what's it like to be so dead inside that you have to hurt others just to feel alive?

Lasha

• View Profile

Okay...looks like we're all good for tomorrow night. Lines checked, stream functional, microphone ready...we're a go. Oh, and just so you know, we will be posting the past shows on the website. Probably in the next day or two.

Cheers,
Lasha

And yes, yes...more American news coming too. *sheesh*

Lasha

• View Profile

Hi folks,

The last three Blue Moon shows are posted here:

http://www.mysticstars.net/files/archives.html

Enjoy!

:)

Lasha

• View Profile
Oh dear...terrible news!

Canuck the crow has been viciously attacked and is now recovering at the Vet's office. Apparently, while watching a soccer game in a local park, a man at the game clocked Canuck in the head with a flag. According to witnesses, he was rendered unconscious for about 15 minutes, woke up and then staggered away. He was found a few hours later dazed and fumbling and immediately take to the Vet. Canuck is now recovering from his ordeal and resting comfortably.

I have included some pictures but for more detailed info, please go to the 'Canuck and I' Facebook page. Canuck is a bit of a local celebrity since he stole the murder weapon at a crime scene some months ago. He has over 43,000 followers worldwide. There is also a gofundme page set up to help with his Vet bills.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/canuck-the-crow-spca-seek-witnesses-after-crow-hurt-at-soccer-game
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:53:41 AM by Lasha »

Lasha

• View Profile
Great News!

Canuck is on the mend and, thanks to much love and his intrepid Veterinarian, should be at full charm very soon!

Here's a short message from them both:

Someone had a flight test tonight, and passed with "flying" colors. He was a little winded after having not flown for a week. But Canuck did extremely well. He'll still be in care for a few more days, but things are looking good. :-)

Lasha

• View Profile

Hi folks,

We're having trouble accessing our FTP, so have not been able to upload the last show or even update my Saturday column. Oh gloom! Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. The intrepid techies at our server are working on it and we will see what they come up with.

Oh and yes, I will be posting the music used for each show. Watch for it here, in the very near future.

Cheers,
Lasha

Lasha

• View Profile
Re: We're Back! Live on Thursday nights at 8pm pt. Hey people...let's talk!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 10:56:47 PM »

Okay, all fixed. The site has been updated and the latest show has been posted.  :)

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »

BLUE MOON  April 6, 2017 Playlist of Music

1) Lonely Soul, The Happy Ones, date unknown (3:31)

2) Ghost in the Radio, Vigilant, 2013, Josh Tarp and the Still (3:02)

3) Better Than Ezra - The Great Unknown, Pilgrimage Music Festival, 2015 (3:58)

4) Shadow, SOJA, ATO Records - Spring Sampler, 2015 (3:51)

5) Clear Your History, The Womb, 2001 (5:09)

6) That's How Strong My Love Is, Live Vol II, Rob Drabkin, 2015 (6:50)

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »

BLUE MOON  April 13, 2017 Playlist of Music

1) 99 Luftballoons, Nena, Nena Live, 1995 (3:56)

2) S.O.B., Nathaniel Rateliff, Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, 2015 (4:07)

3) The Candy Man, Cibo Matto, 2015 (3:13)

4) Black Horse and A Cherry Tree, KT Tunstall, NOW vol. 22, 2005 (2:50)

5) Blame The Media, Project Data Control, date unknown, (2:02)

6) Poor St. John, Joe Marson, The Satisfied Mind, date unknown, (5:11)

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 09:29:47 PM »

BLUE MOON  April 20, 2017 Playlist of Music

1) Cruel, Victoria Banks, Indigo (sampler), 2015 (3:36)

2) Inside My Heart, The Murderous Mistake, 2011 (4:45)

3) Ruins, Graceful Closure, Rev, 2015, (3:20)

4) Let Go The Stone, Victoria Banks, Indigo (sampler), 2015 (3:23)

5) Blow The House Down, Darlingside, The Ancestors, 2015 (3:20)

6) Rise New Jerusalem, Auteur, Titre, date unknown, (4:59)

SPECIAL NOTE: Next week's guest will be Michael Horn, the official spokesman for Billy Meier. Please check out his web site for background information at www.TheyFly.com. Also, if you have questions you would like me to ask Michael Horn (either controversial, challenging or spiritual), just leave them here in this thread and I will certainly ask them.