Author Topic: Newbie?  (Read 2540 times)

Ciardelo

• View Profile
Newbie?
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »
I don't think we should all be labeled "Newbie" Why isn't there some sort of transfer credits program? I mean it works for colleges. It should be very easy to implement here.  ;D

Lasha

• View Profile
Re: Newbie?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
I don't think we should all be labeled "Newbie" Why isn't there some sort of transfer credits program? I mean it works for colleges. It should be very easy to implement here.  ;D

Ha! Now that's a good idea! Maybe I can develop some sort of ranking system starting from 'Newbie' all the way to 'Glorious Omnipotent Benefactor' or something along those lines.

Derned thing calls me a Newbie too. How embarrassing.

Ciardelo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 04:14:44 PM »

Ha! Now that's a good idea! Maybe I can develop some sort of ranking system starting from 'Newbie' all the way to 'Glorious Omnipotent Benefactor' or something along those lines.

Derned thing calls me a Newbie too. How embarrassing.
I know!

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »
LOL I am trying to get the newbie removed  ;D

AdoptAPet

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
Agree about the Newbie thing and the "credit transfer" idea by Ciardelo.

Not sure about the Simple Machines Forum software, but usually you can change the name for each "group" in the Member Groups section in the Admin control panel. If for some reason it can't be changed, maybe make the number of posts to go to the next group or level a low number. I am assuming it is a number-of-posts based measurement for the group/level settings (some forum software designs will advance someone to the next group or level based on several criteria in addition to number-of-posts made).

maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
I don't know... "newbie" makes me feel rather virginal

;) ;)

eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
At least we are all 'newbie' together  ;D

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »

Not sure about the Simple Machines Forum software, but usually you can change the name for each "group" in the Member Groups section in the Admin control panel. If for some reason it can't be changed, maybe make the number of posts to go to the next group or level a low number. I am assuming it is a number-of-posts based measurement for the group/level settings (some forum software designs will advance someone to the next group or level based on several criteria in addition to number-of-posts made).

Thank you AdoptAPet I was looking to find where to get rid of the 'Newbie' and what you posted helped me find it faster.

No one is labeled a Newbie now  :) :) :) :) :)

Godfather

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:13:27 PM »

I have no idea how this forum software works but on my, very dead, forum it's relatively easy (phpbb... ya go ahead mock me) ;)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »

I have no idea how this forum software works but on my, very dead, forum it's relatively easy (phpbb... ya go ahead mock me) ;)

I took care of the newbie label, no one here is labeled 'newbie' anymore.  :) :) :) :)

wr250

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 06:02:51 PM »

I took care of the newbie label, no one here is labeled 'newbie' anymore.  :) :) :) :)
im a newbie.    :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:04:47 PM by wr250 »

eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »

LOL my friend you are in no way a newbie. I thought I had that fixed.

wr250

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 03:47:38 AM »

LOL my friend you are in no way a newbie. I thought I had that fixed.
you did. the text under your avatar is changeable. so i changed it lol.

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »
you did. the text under your avatar is changeable. so i changed it lol.

:) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:17:51 AM by Administrator »