Author Topic: Do we need both?  (Read 2102 times)

Ciardelo

• View Profile
Do we need both?
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
I'm noticing not too many posts here, but looking over the topics I have to ask:

Tarot, Divination Tools and Ancient Wisdom or Mysticism, Shamanism and The Occult

Do we need both? Or is just in my ignorance I don't see much difference? Can the Administrator or Forum Owner explain the segregation?

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Do we need both?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:43:27 PM »
I'm noticing not too many posts here, but looking over the topics I have to ask:

Tarot, Divination Tools and Ancient Wisdom or Mysticism, Shamanism and The Occult

Do we need both? Or is just in my ignorance I don't see much difference? Can the Administrator or Forum Owner explain the segregation?

Lasha will explain it.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »

Ciardelo....AA...sweetie, come here and sit down beside me. *pats the bench seat beside her*. A little closer. There you go. Comfee? Good.

Now it's a good question, really it is....and a smart question too. *big smile*. But, you see, tarot cards are quite different from other divination tools...such as astrology charts or rune stones or even the I Ching. And it can be very interesting to discuss the different methods, their effectiveness, your personal experience with them and even their use as tools of wisdom in ancient cultures.

Mysticism, Shamanism and the Occult, on the other hand, refer to the people using these tools, to the studied practices of spiritual students as well as to the systems of belief, spiritual awareness and information gathered by such trained adepts in these fields. The word Occult generally refers to 'something hidden'. In this case, the secret or 'forced underground' knowledge obtained by mystics, spiritual adepts and shamans.

But you know what? Given all this, you are probably right that we don't need so many categories. Or perhaps we need more...and in lots of different subjects. Dunno. Any suggestions?

ps: And ya know I love ya, AA...so please don't take my motherly tone as anything other than affection. Here...have a Life Saver.

Ciardelo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »
See? I professed ignorance and even a Jr. Member seems to know the answer. Thanks for being so gentle with me Lasha :) I'll just have to trust your answer and greater wisdom, thank you. And I only like the Wintergreen lifesavers because they spark in the dark. wee!

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:26:05 PM »
See? I professed ignorance and even a Jr. Member seems to know the answer. Thanks for being so gentle with me Lasha :) I'll just have to trust your answer and greater wisdom, thank you. And I only like the Wintergreen lifesavers because they spark in the dark. wee!

They spark in the dark? Whaaaat? Never heard of that before.

Ciardelo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:44:32 PM »

Yes Ma'am. Go getcha one, put it into your mouth and bite down on it. Go do it in front of the mirror in your dark bathroom. Fun for days.

Next up--you really can light farts! Be sure to be wearing denim jeans though. Safety first!  8)

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:10:42 PM »

Yes Ma'am. Go getcha one, put it into your mouth and bite down on it. Go do it in front of the mirror in your dark bathroom. Fun for days.

Next up--you really can light farts! Be sure to be wearing denim jeans though. Safety first!  8)

lol oh you

Ciardelo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 09:14:16 PM »
Gifts from the ancient past, given to me at many summer camps. I might share with you the secret of lifting somebody with just a finger too. Who knows? I'm still working of figuring out the categories.

Lasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »

oh AA, dear AA....I have missed you. *big smile*

By the way folks, AA is Ciardelo's nickname because he used to have a character from the movie Avatar as his Avatar and so, in my crazy household, we started calling him AA for Avatar Avatar.

Ciardelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »
I miss him sometimes too. An avatar from Avatar seemed so succinct.  :D

http://goodfilmguide.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/avatar12.jpg